NBA Auction Sweepstakes Official Rules No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
1) Eligibility: The NBA Auction Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents of NBA Properties, Inc., (“Sponsor”), NBA Media Ventures, LLC, the National Basketball Association and its member teams, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, governors, owners, distributors, retailers, advertising/promotion agencies and teamDigital Promotions, Inc. (“tD”) (collectively, “Released Parties”), and the immediate family members (parent, spouse, sibling or child and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate or win a prize. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. By entering, you understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor and not Instagram. The information you provide as detailed below will only be used for Promotion purposes.
2) Promotion Period: Sweepstakes begins 10:00:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on 12/4/17 and ends 9:59:59 AM ET on 12/22/17 (hereafter, “Promotion Period”). The Sweepstakes will be divided into eight (8) entry periods (each an “Entry Period”). Entry Periods are outlined in section 4 of the rules below.
3) How to Enter: Follow the following steps to earn one entry into the respective Entry Period: 1) Follow @NBAAUCTIONS on Twitter; and 2) In the comments section of the post use the hashtags #nbaauctions and #sweepstakes and “Tag” three (3) friends that would like the post (collectively “Submission” and/or “Entry”).
Once you complete the above steps, you will receive one (1) Entry into the applicable Entry Period drawing. Your Twitter account must be public in order to be eligible. Entrants must have a personal relationship with the friend that they Tag in the comments section. The Submission must not include any comment that is obscene, pornographic, libelous or otherwise objectionable. Any Submission that, in Sponsor's good faith judgment, violates the Submission Requirements may be disqualified.
Limit (1) Entry per person and per Twitter account per Entry Period. Entries received in excess of stated limitation will be void. Each Entry will have an equal chance of winning. Incomplete entries will be void. Each entry submission must be manually key stroked and manually entered by the individual entrant. The use of script, macro, bot, contest service or automated devices (or any other devices intended to automate or subvert any aspect of entry) to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited and any entry through such means and any entry that is deemed to be ineligible (at Sponsor’s sole discretion and in accordance with these Official Rules) will be void. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant based on the e-mail address submitted, entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address provided on the registration form. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
Released Parties are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, incomplete, misdirected, delayed, garbled, damaged, inaccurate or undelivered entries; or for or any other mechanical, technical or human error of any type whatsoever. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void any entries of entrants and disqualify such entrants whom Sponsor believes have attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Sweepstakes and/or who are in violation of these Official Rules.
4) Entry Period Prize Winner Selection/Prizes: For each Entry Period listed below, one (1) prize winner will be selected in an individual random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the applicable Entry Period (for a total of eight (8) winners). Non-winning entries received for one (1) Entry Period will not carry forward to subsequent Entry Periods. Potential Entry Period Prize winners will be notified by reply comment and/or direct message. Odds of winning a, Entry Period Prize will depend on the total number of eligible entries received for the applicable drawing. Limit one (1) Entry Period Prize per person, e-mail address, family or household.
(Note: All Times are ET)
|Winner Selection Date||Prizes/Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”)|
|EP #1||Starts 12/4/17 at 10:00:01 AM and ends on 12/6/17 at 9:59:59 AM||12/6/17||(1) Prize: (1) Mini-Mega Ticket signed by most of the participants from the 2017 All-Star Game (ARV=$300)|
|EP #2||Starts 12/6/17 at 10:00:01 AM and ends on 12/8/17 at 9:59:59 AM||12/8/17||(2) Prize: (1) Bulls hat and (1) Mini-Mega 2016 Draft Ticket signed by Denzel Valentine (ARV=$100)|
|EP #3||Starts 12/8/17 at 10:00:01 AM and ends on 12/11/17 at 9:59:59 AM||12/11/17||(3) Prize: (1) Nets hat signed by Isaiah Whitehead; (1) Nuggets hat signed by Jamal Murray; (1) Suns hat signed by Dragan|
|EP #4||Starts 12/11/17 at 10:00:01 AM and ends on 12/13/17 at 9:59:59 AM||12/13/17||(4) Prize: (1) Mini-Mega Ticket signed by most of the participants from 2017 All-Star Game; (1) Mini-Mega 2016 Draft Ticket|
|EP #5||Starts 12/13/17 at 10:00:01 AM and ends on 12/15/17 at 9:59:59 AM||12/15/17||(5) Prize: (1) Lakers hat signed by Ivica Zubac; (1) Bucks hat signed by Thon Maker; (1) Clippers hat signed by Brice Johnson|
|EP #6||Starts 12/15/17 at 10:00:01 AM and ends on 12/18/17 at 9:59:59 AM||12/18/17||(6) Prize: (1) Celtics hat and (1) Mini-Mega 2016 Draft Ticket signed by Jaylen Brown; (1) Lakers hat and (1) Mini-Mega 2016|
|EP #7||Starts 12/18/17 at 10:00:01 AM and ends on 12/20/17 at 9:59:59 AM||12/20/17||(7) Prize: (1) Mega Ticket signed by most of the participants from the from 2017 All-Star Game (ARV=$500)|
|EP#8||Starts 12/20/17 at 10:00:01 AM and ends on 12/22/17 at 9:59:59 AM||12/22/17||(8) Prize: (1) Mega Draft Ticket signed by most of the draft picks from the 2016 NBA Draft (ARV=$300)|
Prizes are awarded “as is” without any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. TRANSPORTATION TO/FROM GAME/ACTIVITIES AND LODGING AND ARE NOT INCLUDED AND ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PRIZE WINNER. Tickets are subject to terms and conditions specified thereon. If any Event is canceled or postponed for any reason, Sponsor will substitute a prize of comparable or greater value and no additional compensation will be awarded to winner in such event. Winner and his/her applicable guest must comply with Event rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of applicable Event tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions specified thereon. All costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of any prize not specified herein as being awarded, including, but not limited to, all federal, state and local taxes are each winner’s sole responsibility. All costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of any prize not specified herein as being awarded, including, but not limited to, all federal, state and local taxes are each winner’s sole responsibility. Total ARV of all prizes to be awarded: $1,900.
5) Miscellaneous: No substitution of prize is permitted except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute the prize with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion and except as otherwise provided herein. Winners are responsible for federal, state and local taxes, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of a prize not specified as covered as part of prize herein. Potential Entry Period Prize winners may be required to complete and return a Prize Claim form within two (2) days of date of issuance of notification. Non-compliance with any of the foregoing or with these Official Rules may result in disqualification & awarding of prize to an alternate winner for the Entry Period at issue, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If prize notification letter or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner (for the Entry Period at issue) will be disqualified, and the next alternate winner will be selected. may use (unless prohibited by law) entrant’s name, city and state of residence, photograph, any oral or written statements, and/or likeness for advertising, trade and/or any other purposes in any media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without further compensation, permission or notification, and 2) the Released Parties shall have no liability and will be held harmless by entrant for any claim, action, liability, loss, injury or damage to entrant or any other person or entity, including, without limitation, personal injury or death to entrant or any other person or damage to personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize and any related activity thereto or participation in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, and/or terminate this Sweepstakes (or portion thereof) for any reason, including should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes or for any other reason and, in the case of termination, at its discretion, select the winners for the drawing(s) at issue from all eligible non-suspect entries received prior to the event that required such termination. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, ADMINISTRATOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY AND SEEK ANY AND ALL REMEDIES AVAILABLE FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
6) Arbitration: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the entrant; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
7) Choice of Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of New York, USA.
8) Winners’ List: For a list of winners (available after 1/1/18), send an email with the subject line NBA Auction Sweepstakes Winners List to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9) Sponsor: NBA Properties, Inc., 645 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10022.